Sunday, November 5, 2017

70.3 St George, 70.3 Boulder, 70.3 World Championships, Crash, 6hr World TT Championships!

Oh boy. I somehow forgot about my blog after my first race of the season, Oceanside 70.3 in April. So to avoid writing a book, here's a short recap of my summer!

In May, I won my age group at 70.3 St George, qualifying for the 70.3 World Championships in September. I drove to Boulder in June to train for the summer with my coach, Tom Danielson and my training partners from Cinch Cycling. In August, I raced 70.3 Boulder and narrowly missed winning when I was caught on the run about 2 miles from the finish. At World Champs in September, I finished 11th in my age group, and returned to Boulder to regroup before my last race of the season which was meant to be 70.3 New Orleans in October. Unfortunately, 6 weeks ago, I had a bike crash and my calf was split open by my chain ring. I'll save you the gorey details, but suffice to say, my triathlon plans had to be put on hold for the rest of the season and instead I decided to focus on cycling as I would be off running for at least a couple of months. So I think I'm now up to date and here's a recap from the 6hr World TT Championships yesterday!

Fun day of racing yesterday at the 6hr World Time Trial Championships. I was 2nd overall clocking 127 miles in 5:50. It was a battle the whole day in hot and windy conditions, and I fought to close down an early 2+min deficit to 50 seconds by the end. A big THANK YOU to my coach Tom Danielson for getting me ready for this race after my crash 6wks ago, and to my pit crew Jay Prasuhn and Amanda Strayer!