Sunday, January 25, 2015

HAPPY 2015!

Since January is just about to come to an end, I'm squeezing in a first blog for 2015 before the calendar switches to February!

As 2014 was coming to a close, I decided in early December to head to Arizona to do a 6 week block of training and some strengthening/PT at Endurance Rehab in Scottsdale to get ready for the 2015 race season. After being in the sport for over 15 years, I've learned how important it is to get back in the gym in the off season, get treatment for any lingering injuries, and take the time to build up a good training base. For the last month and a half, I spent three afternoons a week at Endurance Rehab doing core and strength exercises, I had some awesome swim training with the Phoenix Swim Club, some great base building rides north of Scottsdale and some great runs along the Phoenix Canal. Outside of San Diego and Boulder, Phoenix is definitely one of my favorite places in the US to train. Not to mention that it's warm in winter!:)

I drove back to San Diego a couple of days ago, ready for some good winter training and to start gearing up for some early spring races. Happy 2015!




No comments: